While all activity in the world is slowly shifting to the web, it is obvious that online representation of any business or organization is a key to success. However, just having a web page or social networks might not always be enough, especially if privacy and restricted content are at stake. A web portal is a way to securely deliver applications, services and links in an interactive way on a single platform. The main feature of the web portal is privacy, as it works as a private resource that can only be accessed unless you have unique credentials and may gather information from various resources. While the emphasis falls mainly on the content, it defines the look of the configuration of the page by focusing on organization of the source rather than design. Web portals are classified as horizontal that are used for economic, industrial or distributing segments; and vertical information portals that are providing dynamic multimedia for digital distribution of news, content and publications, as well as selling products online. There are multiple types of web portals, such as search, stock, cultural, tender, hosted, domain-specific, governmental, personal and corporate that differ from each other by customized capabilities and yet have the same basic functions: data modification, manipulation and communication with target audience in an easy and clear format is single environment.
Modern web portal design is dictated by the specialty, thus some features can be found on any platform.
- First, simple user experience, easy navigation, readability, and quick processing time both on mobile and desktop, lie at the foundation of a successful product that retains loyal public.
- Second, granting fast access, processing and security to your users are crucial aspects, therefore single-sign-on feature and secure back-end are a must.
- Third, platform customization allows performance optimization and builds a loyal community of engaged users. Building a successful web portal reflects a symbiosis of simplicity, usability and content, and at the same time brings value to your end user can be a tough deal. The best time saving and cost effective option is to leave it to the pros.
The basis of a perfect platform that meets all client’s demands while at the same time performing its’ main functions without contradicting one another is setting up a right strategy, determine your audience and set of unique features that correspond to your message or value. Therefore a special proposal that allows automation of the dreary and exhausting process of creating documentation describing all the aspects of the platform in details needs to be implemented. While creating web portal listing specifications that serve as an outline of the process, indicate the scope, timing and budget of the project, and provide a clear overview of the general look and feel of the final project are necessary. The documentation also must also include precise details on project overview, schedule of implementation, details on assumptions and risks, monetary operations as well as define the workflow and the team and its’ leaders.
In this case the following needs to be done:
The client creates an RFP (Request for proposal) that describes the demands for developing a web portal and describes the placement of bids submission of proposals on basis of a competition for multiple contractors. The principle of RFP is to inform the suppliers that the company is inquiring for product development on competitive basis according to specific guidelines following a business strategy, defined objective, requirements for procurement, request for basic corporate informational background, technical aspects, product information and pricing of the agencies work for the project.
In its’ turn, the contractor creates a Web Portal Development Proposal that describes a step by step process for project implementation and submits it to the client for approval. To sum up RFP is created in search for the selection of an agency with expertise to develop a platform, while Web Portal Development proposal is the document from a chosen contractor that describes the scope of work and contains the guidelines to complete the project. Therefore, the key feature that differentiates the Web Portal Development proposal and the RFP is the instructions for bidders that are invited to participate the pole for negotiating its involvement in project completion according to the specification.
Similar to the RFP, there are many similar requests that may be inquired.
- Request for Association: when two parties have an interest to collaborate in a project on joint action basis, one of the parties may send a request for partnership/alliance in order to suggest sharing the benefits together.
- Request for Information: such request is being sent while a potential client is searching for a product or service from a specific seller to learn about some advantages and offerings from this seller.
- Request for Quotation: this type of document is usually sent when the specifications of the product have been clearly identified and the main focus is to find out the monetary compensation for the bidders on completion of this project.
- Request for Qualifications: prior to initiating RFP it is important to gather a pool of prospects to generate the list of candidates suitable for completing the project according to their qualifications.
- Request for Solution is a more generalized version of an RFP that allows the contractor to be more creative and flexible while describing the capabilities of the product or service.
- Request for Tender: is an invitation for generating competitive offers from different parties to gain the right to engage in a contract for developmental activity.
Writing a Web Portal Development Proposal can be a real pain, unless one understands the clear objective and initial elements of a successful project. First, a good Web Portal Development Proposal is a persuasive sales tool, which requires details, precision, effective expression of product value. Yet, the document needs to be simple enough for the client to be able to glance and fully comprehend the key elements. The proposal consists of a detailed summary that covers the whole project scope in details as well as depicts coherent objectives that coordinate with those of the client, by focusing on short and long-term strategies of the product. Even though each Web Portal Development proposal is a unique instrument its’ effectiveness and conviction has the foundation on these three key elements:
Stating the problem
A good Web Portal Development Proposal aims at persuasively depicting that purpose of the project in details, by pointing out the issues that need to be solved.
A mediocre Web Portal Development proposal reclaims the specifications of the project without going deeper into the issue by naming the problem without describing that exactly seems to be wrong.
The issue with this section is that web designers usually lack words to describe the solution description from tangible value that needs to be justified and supported from business perspective. Such vivid benefits include accessibility, convenience, increasing the revenue, ongoing support, time and cost effectiveness, easy to use due to simple design, etc.
Information on compensation
Many of clients skip reading problem-solution sections in order not to waste time on listening/reading about the product that is way out of their budget. However, pricing section can become a great sales tool and rate justification if you make it simple by including one price tag, instead of quoting per service.
A great proposal illuminates the key features, precisely describes their direct effect as company’s business advantage and brings the spotlight on details.
A mediocre proposal state the action items without providing details and indicate monetary reward based on per service items.
A great web portal development proposal completes its’ initial function by disclosing information in such chapters as:
- Executive summary has for a goal identification of problematic points which define and state the objectives of the project in general.
- Company profile serves as identification for choosing the right strategies by analyzing the company needs, the profile and needs of the target audience as well as the set of services and their clear benefits to the client.
- Portfolio portrays the examples of competitors along with the elements that have caught the interest of the client.
- Web designing Life Cycle section designates the process model/software life cycle in details, guiding one through the workflow of the project development from requirements to domain name registration and hosting to design development, testing, till deployment.
- Internet Marketing section discusses the initial development, recommendations on technology choice while working on the elements of the platform both on front-end and back-end, suggests proposed website structure for more effective results.
Lastly, a top-notch Web Portal Development Proposal tackles the existing issues by pointing out on effective ways to fix them in a creative customized way. A great proposal suggests the ways on bringing out the brand identity and increasing the company’s revenue by integrating modern technology solutions, simple and easy design, and meaningful content with cross-platform potential in a clear form.
Need Inspiration? Check Out Some Related Projects and Tasks
Create A Website
Replicate this website with my logo: http://luxvonimarketing.com/ the home page should be this: https://www.clickfunnels.com/, anything that says Click Funnel, will be changed to Revenue ... (United States)
UI/UX Stunning Graphic Designer For Mobile And Web
I am looking to design 1. Website UI/UX Design and convert the design to Html 2. Web portal UI/UX Design and then convert it into HTML 3. Ios App UI/UX Design 4. Andriod App UI/UX Design Thanks ... (United States)
Java Spring Boot Developer Needed
I am looking for one sharp Java spring boot developer, who can work on web APIs for Hospital management System. Database access will be provided through VPN. Freelancer need to develop the APIs in ... (United States)
Experienced Php Wordpress Developer Required For Long Term
Duplication of the invests360 website which includes client portal/live registration, bank processor/payment getaway automatically linked to our company bank account, timeline and completion date. ... (India)
These results are based on the freelance jobs extracted from Upwork.