Hire PHP Developers
Most websites in the world use PHP in one way or another.
It is a good choice and whatever ideas or tasks you might have certified PHP coders at Echo with years of experience can deliver your projects with great enthusiasm and meeting high standards.
The right PHP development company for your project
If your web project is based on PHP and you need modernization of legacy code, development of new features or ongoing maintenance, finding the right development company can be a challenge.
Many startups and enterprises fail to hire a good software development partner. At first glance, there is a lot of dev shops around the corner and even more overseas that have capabilities to cater to your needs but how will you know the best one?
“Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it’s bad.” — Cory House
First of all, you have to make sure that the scale of your web or mobile engineering needs is enough to hire a company and you are ready for B2B collaboration instead of hiring a part-time freelancer on the websites like Upwork to deliver a couple of tasks:
- Upwork. 27 Best Freelance PHP Experts For Hire In March 2023.
- Toptal. 11 Best Freelance PHP Developers [Hire in 48 Hours].
- EPAM Anywhere. Hire PHP web developers with the appropriate expertise, background, and qualifications.
- Upstack. Hire Vetted PHP Engineers (2 Minute Signup).
- Guru. Hire PHP Developers on Guru and Get Work Done on a Flexible and Secure Platform.
- Freelancer.com Post Your Job And Get Competitive Bids From Freelance PHP Coders In Minutes.
- Fiverr. Got Deadlines? Get PHP Freelancers.
Based on our experience and various researches even in the era of Google and Facebook, “a word of mouth” is the #1 channel. Indeed, if someone you trust recommends awesome coders to work with it is 99% chance you will give it a try. It doesn’t matter what their location is. It can be local guys from your city or remote programmers.
And here we have the most interesting part. The PHP development companies who do their job good, offer great services and exceed clients’ expectations do not need to invest in massive advertising campaigns to attract new projects. Happy customers always get back and bring new business with them or recommend such firms to their friends.
We believe Echo is an IT staffing and team augmentation company you can trust. Many of our current and past customers proved that. However, if you need more reasons to choose us as the right tech partner take a look at the list below.
5 reasons to hire PHP developers with Echo
- Talent Retention. You should try to establish a more extended collaboration with remote engineers. With this in mind, our HR and account managers know how important it is to retain each and every talent you hire with us.
- Geographic Proximity. No time zone difference! By choosing us as your nearshore technical partner in Europe, you only have one or two hours’ difference with your team. Also, we can easily arrange the necessary schedule overlap if you are in the USA or Australia.
- First-Class Recruitment. We use a special sort of magic to find suitable candidates by the wave of the hand. Echo recruiters will find and hire the best software engineers to meet your requirements in no time. This usually takes 2 to 4 weeks.
- Simple Pricing. Our business model expects hiring developers on a full-time basis and charging monthly rates accordingly, which include their salary, all indirect costs, and our fee. No upfront payments.
- Established Company. Our activity began in 2013, and since then, our team has remained flexible to attend to the needs of each client. At the same time, we are mature enough to be considered a reliable service provider.
Successful digital products built with PHP
PHP is everywhere. According to W3Techs’ data, PHP is used by 79% of all websites with a known server-side programming language. New products are being made with this awesome technology and some of the biggest and most successful companies in the world are incorporating PHP into their tech stack — Slack, Freelancer, Etsy, Mailchimp, Yahoo, and 9GAG.
Sources of logotypes: Wikipedia, TechCrunch, Pinterest, Twitter, Depositphotos, Dribble.
Let’s explore what these companies do. Most of them need no introduction:
- Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done.
- Freelancer.com has by far the largest pool of quality freelancers globally – over 50 million to choose from.
- Etsy is a global online marketplace, where people come together to make, sell, buy, and collect unique items.
- Mailchimp is one of the most famous and used email marketing software in the world.
- Yahoo. It’s everything you care about, all in one place. News, sports, entertainment and finance – right at your fingertips.
- 9GAG has the best funny pics, GIFs, videos, memes, cute, wtf, geeky, cosplay photos on the web.
Not only the big guys are using PHP in their production. Many of our customers adore it and hire remote web developers with our help.
Top 10 open-source projects on Github
- CCXT. A PHP library for cryptocurrency trading and e-commerce with support for many bitcoin/ether/altcoin exchange markets and merchant APIs.
- Matomo aims to be a free software alternative to Google Analytics and is already used on more than 1,400,000 websites.
- Yii 2 is a modern framework designed to be a solid foundation for your PHP application.
- Slim is a PHP micro-framework that helps you quickly write simple yet powerful web applications and APIs.
- Workerman is an asynchronous event-driven PHP framework with high performance to build fast and scalable network applications. It supports HTTP, Websocket, SSL and other custom protocols.
- Goutte provides a nice API to crawl websites and extract data from the HTML/XML responses.
- Typecho is a PHP Blogging Platform. Simple and Powerful.
- WooCommerce. An open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress.
- Firefly III is a self-hosted manager for your personal finances. It can help you keep track of your expenses and income, so you can spend less and save more.
- OpenCart is a free open-source eCommerce platform for online merchants.
How to Become a Better PHP Developer? – Katerina Trajchevska
This video was published by PHP UK Conference (8.73K subscribers).
“PHP’s flexibility makes it easy for beginners to start programming, but it also allows for projects to easily evolve into a coupled spaghetti architecture that makes them hard to maintain. SOLID design principles can help us write code that’s easier to understand, extend and maintain.”
Current demand for PHP programmers in the developed countries
The demand for web developers is on the rise. Due to a constantly growing market and evolving technologies, there are more jobs for graduates with a computer science degree than available candidates.
For instance, the United States experiences a shortage of PHP developers, which leads to harsh competition between companies. More than 15K vacancies for PHP (Laravel/Symfony) professionals are posted monthly on Linkedin Jobs (As of March 2023). The interest of job seekers in PHP positions tends to grow as well.
Moreover, because PHP remains a popular programming language, the situation is unlikely to change in the near future. Specialists predict that the demand for software engineers will grow significantly in the next 5 years.
The average PHP developer salary in the world
If you are going to hire either a PHP specialist or a whole team of developers, a salary is an important question to discuss.
Sources: Indeed, Glassdoor, Seek, DOU, Computrabajo, Naukri, StackOverflow
Comparing annual salaries in various countries, the United States is predictably on the top with its average salaries over $100,000 per year before taxes. California is still number one, but we won’t be surprised if Texas can become the next Silicon Valley in the states.
The UK and Australia are keeping 2nd and 3rd places as their salaries offered to PHP web developers are around $70,000 on average. Northern and Western European companies offer approximately $50,000 (42K euros) to their local middle-level software engineers. Eastern Europe and Ukraine, in particular, share very similar median rates to Latin America which are $25-30K per year. Indian specialists expect around $13,000 (1 million rupees) per year.
While India seems to be the most cost-effective option, the cheapest solutions are not always the best. The truth is that you should be ready to pay for quality, regardless of the country your developer comes from.
How much does it cost to hire full-time PHP developers in Ukraine?
The most obvious answer is to get the real numbers from the local IT platforms or job boards like DOU. It can be $1,800, $3,500 or $5,000, which indicates the monthly salary of the developer. But, there’s always a but, as you know.
The biggest mistake CTOs, product managers and startup founders make when hiring remotely and comparing developers is they ignore the embedded costs. In fact, there are numerous and substantial overhead costs (up to 50%) on top of the salaries mentioned above. For example:
- Recruiting and HR management.
- Paid vacations, public holidays and sick leaves.
- Payroll, taxes and legal support.
- Workplace setup, hardware and software.
- Professional education reimbursement.
And if you choose a hard way to hire PHP programmers directly on your own, you need to take care of these tasks.
As an alternative, you can work with a tech partner such as Echo and focus on your core business goals instead. Going this route will save you a considerable amount of time and energy.
Other Ukraine PHP Development Companies that might be worth you attention
Alternatively, you can explore Echo network of trusted software development firms like Bineks, OTAKOYI, Dewais, Yelk, Forma Pro, RubyGarage, CodeTiburon, Perspective Studio, Perfectorium, Elogic Commerce. Please, find more information about them in our directory.
OK. Let’s get started. What are the next steps?
With Echo, hiring a full-time PHP developer or even the entire back-end dev team is a simple process:
- Gathering Requirements. We start by hearing out your requirements, including project details, job descriptions, team size, workflow and cultural key points. No one-size-fits-all questionnaires.
- Selection and Validation. Our HR and tech experts thoroughly interview candidates. You approve each developer and give us the green light to hire them. Once all parties come to an agreement, the work starts.
- Launch and Ongoing Support. Our involvement in the process doesn’t end when we deliver a needed talent to you. We act as a mediator between the new hire and you to ensure a healthy and long-lasting relationship.
Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t give you any false expectations of bringing in a bunch of senior web developers the very next day. Finding, validating and hiring the right candidate always takes some time. We utilize our experience, expertise and network to make it happen as soon as feasibly possible.
Drop us a line to get the conversation started today!