PHP Developers for Hire
- Short PHP Overview
- What Kind of Projects Can You Build in PHP
- Pros and Cons of PHP
- Key Skills and Experience for PHP
- Best PHP Books that You Should Have on Your Bookshelf
- What is the Average PHP Salary (US, UK, and Ukraine)
- Why Would Anyone Hire a PHP Programmer Online
- Online PHP Communities
- Conferences and Hackathons
- How to Hire a PHP Development Team
According to statistics, today PHP is used for around 80% of websites. However, it is versatile and can be used not only for the web. Being easy to learn and work with, PHP still remains one of the most well-known and popular programming language among the developers. Thus, it can be predicted that the demand for PHP programmers will only grow each year.
Hiring PHP programmers with Echo is easy and effortless. Dedicated and loyal teams of developers are ready to start working with you. Choose candidates from an extensive database of resumes, interview them, and form your team. Echo will then take care of the well-being of your workers, while you can focus on what’s the most important ‒ your project.
Short PHP Overview
Released in 1995, PHP quickly spread and became one of the best-known and widespread languages. Despite the fact that the interest in PHP declined in the 2010s, it is still strong as this language has a lot of advantages. That is why plenty of companies are looking for experienced and motivated PHP coders.
Being general-purpose, PHP can be used for creating a lot of stuff. However, PHP is definitely one of the most popular languages for web development. Because it is possible to create high-responsive websites with PHP, it is used by such big companies as Flickr, Facebook, Wikipedia, and Etsy.
PHP is scripting programming language, was created to generate HTML-pages on the side of the web server, specifically designed to work on the Internet, a language with a universal and understandable syntax.
PHP is supported by the vast majority of hosting providers. PHP is a project of open source software.
PHP is a language in which you can directly embed html-code pages, which, in turn, will be handled correctly by the PHP interpreter. A large variety of PHP features makes it possible to avoid writing multi-line functions intended for the user, as in C or Pascal.
PHP has the built-in libraries for MySQL, PostgreSQL, mSQL, Oracle, dbm, Hyperware, Informix, InterBase, Sybase. Due to the Open Database Connectivity Standard (ODBC) standard, you can connect to all databases to which the driver exists.
What Kind of Projects Can You Build in PHP
Most commonly, PHP is used for web development. This programming language can be used for creating a whole range of websites including those with built-in modules for e-commerce and CRM.
However, the opportunities of PHP are not limited to the web. PHP also can be used for:
- software development,
- server programming,
- CMS services development,
- mobile app development,
- database development.
As can be seen, PHP can be used for almost any project. And our devoted programmers will make sure to deliver the best results for you.
Pros and Cons of PHP
As it was mentioned before, PHP has indisputable advantages. Among the most important are:
- Object-oriented programming
- Variety of pluggable frameworks
- Automation tools
- Top-quality debugging
As for the disadvantages, those should be named:
- There is not IoT community for PHP
- Threaded executions
- Need for global extensions
Key Skills and Experience for PHP
Because PHP is relatively easy to learn, a lot of IT-specialists use it. Nevertheless, if you want to hire a real professional, you should look for a certain set of skills and experiences. Thus, a good PHP developer should know:
- PHP frameworks (such as Laravel, Symfony, Yii, CakePHP)
- PHP CMS frameworks (Joomla, Drupal, MODx)
- Debugging tools
- The concepts of object-oriented programming
- Database and DNS management
- Design patterns and differences between them (MVC and MVVM)
- Integrated development environment
- Web API, servers, and services
Any IT-specialist should also have good soft skills. Namely, have great time management, communication skills, and constant desire to learn. Knowledge of business process and project management will as well be a plus for any programmer.
Best PHP Books that You Should Have on Your Bookshelf
In this post, we have prepared a curated top list of reading recommendations for beginners and experienced.
- PHP for the Web (2016). Author: Larry Ullman
- PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide (5th Edition) (2017). Author: Larry Ullman
- HP for Beginners: Your Guide to Easily Learn PHP In 7 Days (2017). Author: iCode Academy
- PHP and MySQL Web Development (2016). Authors: Luke Welling, Laura Thomson
- Murach’s PHP and MySQL (3rd Edition) (2017). Authors: Joel Murach, Ray Harris
- Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices (2015). Author: Josh Lockhart
- PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide (4th Edition) (2014). Author: Larry Ullman
- The Joy of PHP: A Beginner’s Guide to Programming Interactive Web Apps (2015). Author: Alan Forbes
What is the Average PHP Salary (US, UK, and Ukraine)
The question of salary is equally important both for employers and employees. In order to understand the market of PHP developers’ services, let’s compare salaries in the United States, UK, and Ukraine.
On the US market, the average monthly salary of a PHP programmer ranges from $ 3,400 to $ 8,400. PHP developers in the UK earn a bit less ‒ from $ 2,700 to $ 5,700 depending on one’s expertise level.
According to DOU.ua, Junior PHP specialist in Ukraine earns about $ 500 – 800 a month on average. If we’re talking about the average salary of a Senior PHP coder in Ukraine, it is around $ 2,800 – 3,200 a month. Thus, it is obvious that hiring developers from Ukraine is cost-efficient.
Why Would Anyone Hire a PHP Programmer Online
If you are still hesitating about opting for nearshoring or offshoring, you should consider a few significant advantages that hiring PHP programmers online has. First of all, as you can see from the numbers mentioned above, moneywise hiring a team of development experts online is a good idea. If you are in a budget, nearshoring or offshoring can save you a lot of funds.
Second of all, sometimes it is really hard to find Senior PHP developer. So looking outside of your country can make this task easier.
A third reason to try hiring online is the fact that you don’t have to worry about providing the office and working conditions. You can focus on your project as someone else will gladly take care of your team of developers.
There are a few places to look for PHP developers. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Online PHP Communities
These communities are really important as they are the places where PHP specialists from all over the world gather to learn, ask questions, and exchange experiences.
Among the biggest are:
Conferences and Hackathons
Such meetups are a great place for communicating and finding the most experienced specialists. Almost every big city has some kind of conferences for PHP experts.
However, these are the biggest and most popular:
- PHP [world] in London (USA)
- Sunshine PHP in Miami (USA)
- PHP Yorkshire in York (UK)
- PHP [tek] in Atlanta (USA)
- International PHP Conference in Berlin (Germany)
- Midwest PHP in Minneapolis (USA)
How to Hire a PHP Development Team
After you form a list of your requirements and specify them, Echo’s recruiters will pick suitable candidates. After that, you can personally interview them and hire the best developers for your team.
Our professional tax and accounting specialist will provide you with advice any time and take care of the payroll process. Our HR and office management specialist will provide the best working conditions and team-building activities for your development experts. We guarantee that your project will be of the best quality and delivered in time.
We are sure that cooperation with Echo will be a pleasant experience for you.