IT Staff Augmentation
What is IT Staff Augmentation actually? It is a flexible outsourcing strategy that enables you to hire tech talent globally, in particular in Ukraine, and manage your remote team directly. Echo helps you with searching, validating, and hiring the best candidates that fit not only your technical requirements but also corporate culture and values.
Extend Your Team With The Right Staff Augmentation Partner
Whenever a company makes a business decision to bring onboard some augmented staff or build a robust distributed engineering team, the very first objective should be finding a vendor that takes the time to understand their client’s specific staffing needs.
A company’s outsourcing strategy is often as unique as the company itself, which means the IT staffing agency your firm eventually hires should be as flexible and resourceful as the business you operate.
“Acquiring the right talent is the most important key to growth.” — Marc Benioff, Founder of Salesforce
One of the first steps in choosing a staff augmentation vendor is to assess your company’s staffing needs.
As you search for specialized skillsets to expedite your project or fill internal skill gaps, it’s essential you take note of the scope of the project(s) your augmented staff will be associated with. You’ll also want to measure how quickly your internal teams can integrate provisional talent, how effective the communication channels you use to collaborate with onshore or offshore workers are, as well as how adept your outsourcing partner is at executing staffing requests, or adjusting their overall staffing approach when necessary.
5 Reasons to Augment your Tech Team with Echo
- Simple Pricing. Our business model expects hiring developers on a full-time basis and charging monthly rates accordingly, which include their salary, all indirect costs, and our fee. No upfront payments.
- Infrastructure Setup. The main goal of Echo is to build a comfortable work environment so people want to stay for the long term. Just remember, when you invest in your team, it invests back in you.
- Probation Period. We have a trial period that lasts three months after a new hire. This means you can end your relationship with the engineer and request a replacement (if needed) with only a single day’s notice.
- Talent Retention. You should try to establish a more extended collaboration with remote engineers. With this in mind, our HR and account managers know how important it is to retain each and every talent you hire with us.
- Direct Communication. By managing remote developers, you have complete control over the project’s quality. Get the fastest possible business growth with the right team control.
Tech Specialists You Can Get with Echo
Based on our previous experience, HR team capacity, popularity and availability on the labor market in Ukraine we can successfully search, validate and hire such web and mobile developers as:
- Python (Django, Flask, Tornado);
- PHP (Symfony, Laravel);
- Microsoft .NET (Core, ASP.NET, Entity, WPF), C#;
- Java (SE, EE, FX, Swing, Spring, JSP, GWT);
- IOS (Objective-C, Swift);
- Android (Java, Kotlin).
It can also be a combination of the technologies, so-called full-stack developers.
We invest our time and effort in building and maintaining relationships with such experts (mentioned above) and constantly hunt for the “hot” candidates.
We also might help with hiring QA (both manual and automation), PMs and DevOps specialists, but only as an addition to the dev team, not as a standalone service.
Best Location for Remote IT Staff Augmentation
Eastern Europe has established itself as one of the world’s best software outsourcing destinations. Its IT sector offers an impressive diversity of tech professionals, developed infrastructure and provides a good educational background.
Countries such as Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic and a few others we’re talking about in this post have been acknowledged for their sustainable growth and adoption of the latest technological advancements.
Pros & Cons of ITSA Model
Some of the tangible benefits of augmenting your existing tech workforce include:
- The flexibility to hire employees on a contract basis and only pay them for the work they do.
- With little to no investment in training, businesses can access on-demand tech talent at a cost-effective price.
- Because organizations collaborate with external vendors, they don’t have to worry about all the administrative responsibilities of handling the augmented team.
Despite having its advantages, staff augmentation also has its own set of disadvantages. Some of them include:
- Because this is a one-off solution, it isn’t sustainable over the long term.
- Since IT staff augmentation is a service that is billed on a time-and-materials model, many hidden costs need to be considered.
- Staff augmentation is often associated with a high turnover rate because of the short-term contracts. This means that businesses may often find themselves working with different engineers, leading to discrepancies in quality.
Types of Tech Staff Augmentation Providers
- Traditional staffing providers. This is an agency that is also called a “commercial/generalist staffing provider”. Its primary function is to augment your team with the needed expertise in non-critical projects but not the employees with specific skill sets.
- Boutique staffing firms. Boutique staffing usually refers to small staffing agencies that can fill even the hardest roles in your company such as a senior architect. Such a vendor provides highly customized services and values quality over quantity.
- Staffing platforms. These platforms that are also called “human clouds” provide staff augmentation services and connect potential employees and employers. They are divided into gig and on-demand platforms.
- Recruitment agencies. Recruitment agencies are staffing providers that hire employees for both critical and non-critical projects of the client. They receive a compensation fee if they find a suitable candidate for a job. However, recruitment firms may fail to find you a perfect candidate.
IT Staff Augmentation Alternatives
- Recruitment process outsourcing, or RPO, gives you specialist hiring support when you need it. An external partner, like us, handles some or all of your hiring process—tackling the tricky task of finding the right people at the right time, without sending costs spiraling. We scale our searches depending on what your business needs right now—or will need soon. And we make your recruitment processes fairer and more inclusive.
- The dedicated team model means what it says on the tin. It is a remote team of the other company dedicated to the realization of your project. Unlike an extended team model, in which the team is more like an extension of the main team, a dedicated team is a separate entity with its own management and frameworks.
- The software outsourcing build operate transfer (BOT) model is defined by Gartner* as “a contractual relationship in which an organization hires a service provider to set up, optimize and run an IT or business process service delivery operation with the contractually stipulated intent of transferring the operation to the organization as a captive center. BOT, as a hybrid model, combines elements of the “build” option (that is, “insourcing” or captive center) and the “buy” option (that is, outsourcing).”
OK. Let’s get started. What are the next steps?
With Echo, hiring a full-time remote developer or even the entire development team is a simple process:
- Gathering Requirements. We start by hearing out your requirements, including project details, job descriptions, team size, workflow and cultural key points. No one-size-fits-all questionnaires.
- Selection and Validation. Our HR and tech experts thoroughly interview candidates. You approve each developer and give us the green light to hire them. Once all parties come to an agreement, the work starts.
- Launch and Ongoing Support. Our involvement in the process doesn’t end when we deliver a needed talent to you. We act as a mediator between the new hire and you to ensure a healthy and long-lasting relationship.
Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t give you any false expectations of bringing in a bunch of senior developers the very next day. Finding, validating and hiring the right candidate always takes some time. We utilize our experience, expertise and network to make it happen as soon as feasibly possible.
Drop us a line to get the conversation started today!