IT Staff Augmentation
What is IT Staff Augmentation actually? We’ve found many definitions of this term on the web, some confusing or even controversial. From our perspective, this approach implies the use of third-party resources to supplement (augment) your existing dev team in order to meet project-specific needs or to fill staffing gaps.
ℹ️ Synonyms and related keywords: team extension, extended teams, team scaling services, IT outstaffing
The Only Team Augmentation Company Your Project Needs
Access to additional tech talent and flexible scaling are critical for businesses that want to innovate and succeed with their software products. Even if you have a clear project roadmap and a strong core team, extra development capabilities will help you reach your goals faster. We provide seamless integration at any stage of your SDLC.
“Acquiring the right talent is the most important key to growth.” — Marc Benioff, Founder of Salesforce
We helped dozens of companies in the US, UK and Europe to get the right tech talent and deliver the great products. Just take a look what our clients say:
Drop us a line to get the conversation started today!
IT Specialists You Can Get with Echo
Based on our previous experience, HR team capacity, popularity and availability on the labor market we can successfully search, validate and hire such web and mobile developers as:
- Python (Django, Flask, Tornado);
- PHP (Symfony, Laravel);
- Microsoft .NET (Core, ASP.NET, Entity, WPF), C#;
- Java (SE, EE, FX, Swing, Spring, JSP, GWT);
- IOS (Objective-C, Swift);
- Android (Java, Kotlin).
It can also be a combination of the technologies, so-called full-stack developers.
We invest our time and effort in building and maintaining relationships with such experts (mentioned above) and constantly hunt for the “hot” candidates.
We also might help with hiring QA (both manual and automation), PMs and DevOps specialists, but only as an addition to the dev team, not as a standalone service.
5 Reasons to Choose Us
- Simple Pricing. Our business model expects hiring developers on a full-time basis and charging monthly rates accordingly, which include their salary, all indirect costs, and our fee. No upfront payments.
- Infrastructure Setup. The main goal of Echo is to build a comfortable work environment so people want to stay for the long term. Just remember, when you invest in your team, it invests back in you.
- Probation Period. We have a trial period that lasts three months after a new hire. This means you can end your relationship with the engineer and request a replacement (if needed) with only a single day’s notice.
- Talent Retention. You should try to establish a more extended collaboration with remote engineers. With this in mind, our HR and account managers know how important it is to retain each and every talent you hire with us.
- Direct Communication. By managing remote developers, you have complete control over the project’s quality. Get the fastest possible business growth with the right team control.
Best Location for IT Staff Augmentation
From our perspective, Eastern Europe is an ideal region for your team scaling needs due to its availability of high-quality, cost-effective talent, access to reliable internet infrastructure, and cultural similarities to Western businesses.
Countries such as Poland, Ukraine, Romania or Bulgaria are particularly popular for IT staff augmentation as they have large pools of skilled IT professionals and relatively low costs compared to the US and UK. The best location for your remote team extension in Eastern Europe depends on the specific needs. For example, Ukraine can be an ideal choice for mobile and web development projects, with a large number of IT professionals and an established network of software engineering companies and IT services providers.
Additionally, Eastern Europe offers access to various language, cultural, and legal support services to make the remote dev team augmentation process as seamless as possible. This makes it easier for you to find the right talent for your projects and ensures that remote team members are well-versed in the necessary skills and cultural nuances.
Pros & Cons of Team Extension Model
Some of the tangible benefits of augmenting your existing tech workforce include:
- Saving money on recruiting and training costs, as well as on the overhead associated with hiring and managing FTEs.
- Flexibility in scaling up or down IT staff quickly, depending on your needs.
- Access highly skilled IT professionals, who can help you get your software products done quickly and efficiently.
- Reducing the workload on your existing dev team, allowing them to focus on more important tasks.
Despite having its advantages, team augmentation also has its own set of disadvantages. Some of them include:
- Any expansion of a team and resources requires oversight and processes.
- Typically, more time and effort is needed for onboarding.
- Some projects require a depth of historical knowledge that only existing employees have.
IT Staff Augmentation Alternatives We Offer
- Managed Developement Teams Build a custom-tailored managed development team led by a senior PM/TL.
- Tech Recruitment Get the right candidates for your critical technical roles.
OK. Let’s get started. What are the next steps?
With Echo, hiring a full-time remote developer or even the entire development team is a simple process:
- Gathering Requirements. We start by hearing out your requirements, including project details, job descriptions, team size, workflow and cultural key points. No one-size-fits-all questionnaires.
- Selection and Validation. Our HR and tech experts thoroughly interview candidates. You approve each developer and give us the green light to hire them. Once all parties come to an agreement, the work starts.
- Launch and Ongoing Support. Our involvement in the process doesn’t end when we deliver a needed talent to you. We act as a mediator between the new hire and you to ensure a healthy and long-lasting relationship.
Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t give you any false expectations of bringing in a bunch of senior developers the very next day. Finding, validating and hiring the right candidate always takes some time. We utilize our experience, expertise and network to make it happen as soon as feasibly possible.