In a small company, a marketer is always a person who wears many hats and has diverse tasks and responsibilities.
Here, at Echo, we like the concept of “T-Shaped” which means that the employee has a fairly thorough experience of one key aspect of marketing and some knowledge of the rest. In our case, internet marketing implies text content (when you either write excellent texts in English on your own or create detailed guidelines and specifications for other writers) and SEO. So, these texts can be used properly and effectively to get targeted search traffic from Google. All your work and results will revolve around traffic and leads from the website.
- Constant research of topics, keywords, competitor sites in Google/Ahrefs and maintaining a separate GDoc with all ideas and findings;
- Creation of detailed requirements for writers to make various pieces of content along with using advanced content optimization systems like SurferSEO;
- Proofreading texts, making edits, checking the uniqueness, quality and compliance with the requirements and E-A-T principles;
- Experiments with AI-generated content;
- Search for new contractors and cooperation with trusted freelancers (designers, copywriters, proofreaders, link builders) on FreelanceHunt, Fiverr and UpWork;
- Creating and following a content plan (approx. 2 articles per week on the blog);
- Placing and formatting content on the site through the WordPress admin panel;
- Purchase of a small number of external links to each posted article through specialized platforms (credentials will be provided);
- Monitoring of site traffic and positions in Google Analytics and Ahrefs;
- Maintaining social networks of the company at the minimum level based on the principle of “fewer posts, more value”;
- A wide range of other tasks from the top of “T-zone”, which might be delegated to other people (freelancers): ranging from updating the team photo to adjusting paid advertising on Facebook or launching an email newsletter.
- You will be actively communicating with the CEO (former marketing manager) and other top managers and will be able to influence the future of the company directly;
- As the company grows, a separate marketing team will be formed, which can be led by you.
- Successful cases of promotion of content projects in the format – X (before), Y (after) visits per month;
- Experience in writing excellent content in English on your own or creating detailed specifications for other writers;
- Guru of SEO analyzers such as Ahrefs, Semrush or Serpstat (“our guy” checks SERP in the evening instead of watching Netflix);
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress and HTML/CSS;
- Skills in creating, maintaining and following a content plan;
- Interest in technology, gadgets, web and mobile development, HR, IT recruiting;
- English: Upper-Intermediate/Advanced.
- Ability to explain complex things in simple words;
- Ability to dive deep into details and look at things from different angles;
- Thirst for continuous learning and self-development;
- Get this sh*t done!