About project and company
The company is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through their media channels. Company have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
They are looking to hire a senior full stack engineer to provide technical direction and leadership in the architecture, design, development, and delivery of modern software solutions. You will have deep and broad technical skills in various technologies and cloud offerings, as well as solid architecture and design skills. You will be instrumental in taking the platform to its next level. You should be comfortable working directly with editorial and research teams, have experience working in a scrum Agile environment and be comfortable being part of the full software lifecycle from requirements gathering to software development, testing and release.
- Implementation a content driven platform using the React Framework for the frontend and headless WordPress for the backend;
- Help with design and implementation across backend services and frontend web applications;
- Designing high performance database architecture and queries to support the frontend experience;
- Create personalized front end experiences using cutting edge charts and graphs;
- Optimize front-end and back-end code for high performance, stability, and scalability;
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and write new custom plugins, themes and web services to create scalable and easily manageable solutions for new platform development;
- Development and maintenance of security and data protection protocols;
- Advocate and improve on code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives.
- At least 7 years of web development experience;
- Experience delivering fully-responsive “mobile first” websites, AMP or core web vitals knowledge;
- Deep knowledge of React and PHP;
- Experienced in one of the caching frameworks Redis, Memcached, or Elastic cache;
- Expertise building customer facing secure Restful APIs;
- Strong understanding of application scalability.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of elastic Cloud technologies like AWS Lambda, Fargate, ECS and Aurora.