Digital guidebooks (touchstay.com) are the brainchild of two serial travellers from England, who kept on encountering the same issue over and over again: an absence of clear communication with their rental accommodation hosts. After realising that they shared the same frustrations, they vowed to solve the problem together — and in 2014 project was born. Designed to help any type of hospitality professional better communicate with their guests, the project has gone on to become the highlight of guest reviews worldwide. It’s been cited as a reason for repeat bookings, longer stays and most importantly — happier guests.
What to do
- Develop new features and improve existing functionality;
- Implementing integrations to 3rd party SaaS through API;
- Assist in implementation & management of load-balancing;
- Suggest optimal tools and libraries to use;
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code;
- Regular communication with the client.
- 2+ years of experience with Python 3.7;
- Hand-on experience with Django 2.2, Django REST framework;
- Solid knowledge of MySQL (8th version);
- Understanding of GIT-flow and Gitlab (or similar) with CI/CD;
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Digital Ocean or AWS;
- Basic knowledge of front-end technologies;
- English intermediate+ 🗣
Would be a plus
- Celery (we use 4.4.2);
- Experience with microservices, monitoring and alerting;
- Experience or interest in DevOps, Infrastructure, Load Balancing & System.