- Brush up your knowledge of PHP programming
- Explore new features of the PHP v7.1
- Build a secure configuration of your server
- Review strategies and tips to get Zend Certified
Author(s): Andrew Beak
2. Zend Framework, A Beginner’s Guide (2010)
Essential Skills–Made Easy!
Leverage the power of the Zend Framework to supercharge your PHP development! Zend Framework: A Beginner’s Guide covers key features, including model-view-controller implementation, routing, input validation, internationalization, and caching, and shows you how to use them in a practical context. The book walks you through the process of building a complete Web application with the Zend Framework, starting with the basics and then adding in more complex elements, such as data pagination and sorting, user authentication, exception handling, localization, and Web services. Debugging and performance optimization are also covered in this fast-paced tutorial.
Designed for Easy Learning
- Key Skills & Concepts–Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
- Ask the Expert–Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Try This–Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
- Notes–Extra information related to the topic being covered
- Tips–Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things
- Cautions–Errors and pitfalls to avoid
- Annotated Syntax–Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
Read-to-use code at www.zf-beinners-guide.com and www.mhprofessional.com/computingdownload.
Author(s): Vikram Vaswani
Author(s): Davey Shafik, Ben Ramsey
4. Zend Framework 2 Cookbook (2013)
If you are pretty handy with PHP, this book is the perfect way to access and understand the features of Zend Framework 2. You can dip into the recipes as you wish and learn at your own pace.
- Recipes to help you create, test, and optimize your applications
- A useful guide for PHP developers wanting to broaden their horizons
- Helps you understand how MVC works and how to make it work for you
Zend Framework 2 is the latest creation of World Wide Web infrastructure company Zend Technologies Ltd. This new PHP framework comes with tons of features and an attractive way of creating applications. Not only is the overall usability of the technology much better, but it also makes your applications more testable, something that is often overlooked.
“Zend Framework 2 Cookbook” will show you how applications are set up in Zend Framework 2 and how you can develop successfully in this massive framework. You will master features like Modules, Views, Controllers, and Authentication. The book also discusses the Event Manager, unit testing, and how to optimize your application.
The book begins with a discussion about setting up Zend Framework 2, and you will also look at how the framework itself works. By the end of this book, you will be able to create entire secure applications on your own and make sure they are tested and optimized for performance as well.
You will learn about sending and receiving e-mails, translation and localization of the application, and how to set up the framework on a Linux web server. You will also learn how to display data from the application to the user by using different display strategies and renderings. The creation of modules will also be discussed. Then, you will move on to look at how to authenticate users and make sure the developer knows how to pick the best method available. Unit testing, debugging, and enhancing the performance will also be covered in this book.
“Zend Framework 2 Cookbook” is a perfect book for anyone who wants to start developing with Zend Framework 2.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Zend Framework 2 on a Linux web server
- Make your application accessible in other countries and languages
- Choose and create custom output display renderings
- Set up modules and use them as widgets
- Connect and query different types of databases
- Create the best authentication method
- Optimize framework applications
- Debug and test framework applications
This book is written in a practical, cookbook style with numerous examples and recipes. This style allows you to go both directly to your topic of interest or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain an in-depth knowledge of certain areas.
Who this book is written for
Zend Framework 2 Cookbook” is for PHP developers who are fairly advanced in programming in PHP. It will also be useful for developers who have a keen interest in expanding their knowledge outside the boundaries of simply scripting pages together. As unit testing and MVC will be discussed, it is beneficial for the reader to know what these technologies are, although experience with developing applications is not necessarily essential.
Author(s): Josephus Callaars
PHP Developers will find this book quickly takes their web application building skills to new levels. It’s a chance to learn Zend Framework 2.0 through real world examples and an involving hands-on approach.
- Master application development with Zend Framework 2.0
- Learn about Zend Framework components and use them for functions such as searching, image processing, and payment gateway integrations
- Integrate third-party services for media sharing and payment processing
ZF2 is the latest update to the well-known Zend Framework. This version has considerably eased the process of building complex web applications with minimal development effort using plug and play components. ZF2 also provides a highly robust and scalable framework for developing web applications.
“Zend Framework 2.0 by Example: Beginners Guide” will guide you through the process of developing powerful web applications using ZF2. It covers all aspects of Zend Framework application development right from installation and configuration; the tasks are designed in a way that readers can easily understand and use them to build their own applications with ease.
“Zend Framework 2.0 by Example: Beginners Guide” begins with the basic installation and configuration of the Zend Framework. As you progress through the exercises, you will become thoroughly acquainted with ZF2. With this book, you will learn about the basic concepts of building solid MVC web applications using Zend Framework 2.0. The detailed step-by-step instructions will enable you to build functionality such as a group chat, a file & media sharing service, search, and a simple store to name a few. You will also use a wide range of external modules to implement features that are not natively available. By the end of the book, you will be well versed in building complex, functionality-rich web applications using Zend Framework 2.0.
“Zend Framework 2.0 by Example: Beginners Guide” provides everything that you need for building functionality-rich web applications with simple real world examples and tasks.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Zend Framework 2.0
- Familiarize yourself with building Zend Framework 2.0 applications and get well versed with Zend Framework 2 MVC
- Discover how to use forms, validation, and authentication
- Understand models and database access
- Create a communications application including chat and e-mail
- Implement searches using Apache Lucene
- Build your own e-commerce store with PayPal integration
- Learn how to create HTML5 web applications
“Zend Framework 2.0 by Example: Beginners Guide” is a step-by-step guide that aims to empower you to build web applications packed with some really exciting features using Zend Framework 2.0.
Who this book is written for
If you are a PHP Developer who is new to Zend Framework, but you want to get hands-on with the product quickly, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of object oriented programming with PHP is expected.
Author(s): Krishna Shasankar V
Author(s): Cal Evans
7. Zend Framework in Action (2009)
From rather humble beginnings as the Personal Home Page scripting language, PHP has found its way into almost every server, corporation, and dev shop in the world. On an average day, somewhere between 500,000 and 2 million coders do something in PHP. Even when you use a well-understood language like PHP, building a modern web application requires tools that decrease development time and cost while improving code quality. Frameworks such as Ruby-on-Rails and Django have been getting a lot of attention as a result.
For PHP coders, the Zend Framework offers that same promise without the need to move away from PHP. This powerful collection of components can be used in part or as a whole to speed up the development process. Zend Framework has the backing of Zend Technologies; the driving force behind the PHP programming language in which it is written. The first production release of the Zend Framework became available in July of 2007.
Zend Framework in Action is a comprehensive tutorial that shows how to use the Zend Framework to create web-based applications and web services. This book takes you on an over-the-shoulder tour of the components of the Zend Framework as you build a high quality, real-world web application. This book is organized around the techniques you’ll use every day as a web developer “data handling, forms, authentication, and so forth. As you follow the running example, you’ll learn to build interactive Ajax-driven features into your application without sacrificing nuts-and-bolts considerations like security and performance.
This book is aimed at the competent PHP developer who wants to master framework-driven web development. Zend Framework in Action goes beyond the docs but still provides quick access to the most common topics encountered in the development of web applications.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
Author(s): Rob Allen, Nick Lo
Author(s): Davey Shafik, Ben Ramsey
9. Zend PHP Certification Study Guide (2004)
The first and only officially authorized book on the PHP Certification exam developed by Zend Technologies, the commercial developer of PHP. Zend's PHP Certification exam is a high-quality, carefully developed exam designed to enhance and certify the skills of the PHP professional. The Zend PHP Certification Study Guide is a concise, densely packed book that will get you up to speed quickly on the nature of the exam's questions and what to expect on exam day. It's authoritative content comes directly from those writing the exam at Zend Technologies.
Author(s): Zend Technologies
Web developers have been eager for an impartial comparison of leading PHP frameworks so they can make educated decisions about the most effective tool for their needs. This guide uses Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework to solve key problems, providing source code examples and comparisons for each. It explains the approach and reviews the similarities and differences in the three frameworks, providing reliable information on which to base your decisions.
- Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework are considered the leading PHP frameworks; developers need an unbiased comparison to choose which one works best for their individual situations
- This guide uses each framework to solve the same problems, illustrating the solutions with source code examples and working applications
- Covers wide range of topics, from installation and configuration to most advanced features like AJAX, web services and automated testing.
- Includes an appendix of new PHP frameworks, including CodeIgniter, Lithium, and Agavi
- Bestselling PHP author Elizabeth Naramore serves as technical editor
Comparison of PHP Web Frameworks provides the impartial, side-by-side comparison that developers have been looking for.
Author(s): Bartosz Porebski, Karol Przystalski
The Zend Framework is a truly amazing PHP–based web application development framework and platform that is breathing new life into PHP development. One of the most common uses for a framework such as this is to build content–driven web sites.
Pro Zend Framework Techniques offers:
- A structured guide for PHP developers, ultimately helping you to create more flexible software much more quickly
- Clear guidance through the entire process of building a custom content management system (CMS) with the Zend Framework
- The ideal example project, building a CMS, to illustrate how to use the many different aspects of the framework
Author(s): Forrest Lyman
12. PHP Pocket Reference: PHP in your pocket (2018)
Updated to cover PHP 7, the third edition of this compact reference is the perfect toolbox full of need-to-know information for experienced PHP programmers. Author Davey Shafik provides a complete revision to this reference guide to cover milestones PHP has made in the last decade, including everything from modernizations with PHP 5.x to incredible speed and performance improvements with PHP 7 and beyond.
In addition to the focus on PHP 7, this new edition also covers the differences from PHP 5.6, the last version of PHP 5 currently supported.
- Get need-to-know answers on PHP syntax from arrays and loops to scalar types and variables
- Make the most of modern PHP with new sections on PSR Standards, Composer, Web Requests, and more
- Find answers on the job quickly with a quick-lookup index
- Use installation appendices for Mac, Windows, and Linux users
Author(s): Davey Shafik