Author(s): Arnaldo Pérez Castaño
2. PrestaShop Module Development (2014)
About This Book
- Create and customize PrestaShop modules quickly and easily
- Provide a strong foundation in module development for developers who are new to PrestaShop
- Explore the advanced features of PrestaShop with clear and practical instructions
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who is new to PrestaShop and wants to get a good foundation in development on the PrestaShop framework, this book is for you. It’s assumed that you will have some experience with PHP5, jQuery, and HTML/CSS (no need to be an expert on it).
What You Will Learn
- Code your own module from scratch
- Explore best practices for database table creation
- Use hooks or implement overrides
- Discover the many native methods available in PrestaShop
- Make new administration tools
- Create fully functional payment modules
- Develop carrier modules
- Secure and optimize your modules
- Build functionalities compliant with the multistore feature
The number of e-commerce websites has drastically increased in these past few years. Building your own web store is a complex and expensive task; that’s why open source solutions such as PrestaShop have become so successful in tackling this issue. The main interest with open source solutions is that you can easily add or edit features by creating modules.
This practical, hands-on guide provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises to help you understand how PrestaShop works, and also help you add and edit features.
Starting with the basics, this book takes you through complete module development in an effective manner. You will learn about module architecture, what a hook is, and how to use it to add functionalities to PrestaShop. You will also see how to build payment and carrier modules and make your module multistore-ready. Develop PrestaShop modules the right way and make them secure and compliant with different versions of PrestaShop.
Author(s): Fabien Serny
3. Prestashop Mvc Developer Guide (2015)
Author(s): Alex Manfield
4. PrestaShop 1.6 User Guide (2014)
Build your own attractive online store with this fast and flexible e-commerce solution
- Build a fully featured, attractive online shop with PrestaShop
- Add and customize your shops products
- Make more money by offering shipping and payment options to your site
PrestaShop is an open source, e-commerce solution which allows you to build a highly functional, flexible, and attractive online store.
In”PrestaShop 1.5 Beginner’s Guide” you will learn how to set up, extend, and personalize your own online shop. Newly updated to focus on PrestaShop 1.5, this book features descriptive and practical tutorials on everything you need to make a splash in the world of e-commerce.
If you want to start selling your products online but are a bit daunted about shipping, tax, and designing your online presence, then this is the book for you.
This practical book starts by showing you how to download, install, and configure your own shop. Using a step-by-step approach, this book takes you through the processes required to create a fully functioning online shop with the potential to make you serious money.
With distinct chapters on the methods required to make your products stand out to your customers better, this title will enable you to create and customize a vivid, online presence to get people visiting your store and buying your goods.
Targeting further sales, this book then shows you how to develop a targeted search engine optimization campaign to get new customers and keep existing customers returning. From here you will learn how to tackle complicated tax rates and shipping costs efficiently and with less hassle to ensure your customers are satisfied with your service.
If you want to start your own e-commerce business using PrestaShop, then this book will show you how.
What you will learn from this book
- Build an online shop with PrestaShop
- Quickly configure and install PrestaShop
- Use PrestaShop catalog features to present your products in an enticing and professional manner
- Customize and configure the look and feel of your PrestaShop to make it unique and professional
- Connect PrestaShop to a choice of payment handlers to take online payments
- Secure PrestaShop using a wide range of built-in features and other tactics
- Master the ins and outs of handling shipping, taxes, and currencies in PrestaShop
- Market your new business using e-mail, social media, SEO, articles, blogs, forums, and more
This book is written in a friendly voice with lots of tips, tricks, and screenshots to help you set up, extend, and personalize your own online shop. If you want to start your own e-commerce business, then this book will help you do that.
Who this book is written for
This book is for people who are interested in creating an online shop. Basic HTML and CSS skills would be beneficial but are not required as we will provide you with all the code and know-how you need.
Author(s): Jose A. Tizon, John Horton
Author(s): Blerton Abazi
7. PrestaShop 1.5 User Guide (2012)
8. PRESTASHOP 1.6 (2014)
Author(s): Didier MAZIER
9. PrestaShop 1.3 Beginner’s Guide (2010)
Author(s): John Horton
10. Prestashop Developer Guide (2015)
Author(s): Alex Manfield
11. PrestaShop for Developers (2012)
Author(s): Mr. Alex Manfield, Mr. Tsou Lee
Author(s): Roman Lytvyn