Author(s): Eric M. Jackson
2. PayPal For Dummies (2005)
E-mail money, save money, make money, and enhance your Web site
PayPal’s a practical partner, and this handy handbook introduces you to its many identities. It can act as your banker, charge card, cashier, shipping clerk, and a whole lot more. Here’s how to set up and use your account, plus tips on adding PayPal to your business Web site and even exploring its PayPal Web Services.
Discover how to
* Establish the account you need
* Use PayPal like an ATM
* Set up multi-user access
* Accept payments in multiple currencies
* Ship merchandise using PayPal
* Create a shopping cart and buttons
Author(s): Victoria Rosenborg, Marsha Collier
PayPal For Dummies by Victoria Rosenborg (2005-03-28) [Victoria Rosenborg] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
Author(s): Victoria Rosenborg
If your web application’s success depends on how quickly and easily users can make transactions, PayPal APIs provide effective solutions you can’t afford to overlook. This concise book takes you hands-on through several options to help you determine the best choice for your situation, whether you’re collecting money via websites or mobile apps for products and services, donations, or anything else.
In each chapter, you’ll work with a different PayPal API by integrating it into the book’s sample application, using Python and the Google App Engine framework. This expanded edition introduces two new options: Express Checkout for Digital Goods and Instant Payment Notifications, complete with sample project code. By the end of this book, you’ll understand how to take full advantage of PayPal and its powerful features.
- Learn PayPal API basics, and get an introduction to Google App Engine
- Explore the Express Checkout option, and understand what distinguishes it from other generic workflows
- Tailor Express Checkout for electronic documents, videos, and other “in app” digital purchases
- Apply the Adaptive Payments option for transactions that involve multiple recipients
- Embed the payment process into your site with no mention of PayPal, using Website Payments Pro
- Use the Instant Payment Notifications you receive as triggers to take follow-up action
Author(s): Matthew A. Russell
5. The Elon Musk Collection: The Biography Of A Modern Day Renaissance Man & The Business & Life Lessons Of A Modern Day Renaissance Man (Elon Musk, Tesla, PayPal, SpaceX, Hyperloop, Elon, SolarCity) (2016)
Just Who Is Elon Musk & How Has He Managed To Achieve So Much In His Relatively Short Life?
When actor Robert Downey Jr. signed on to portray Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man), he suggested to director John Favreau that they meet up with Elon Musk. They have a task of bringing to life a superhero, and Musk is the closest there ever is to Marvel’s genius, billionaire, philanthropist in real life. The meeting was set and some of Musk’s characteristics went into RDJ’s portrayal of Tony Stark on screen, thus creating the memorable character that people come to know and love.
In reality, there is far more to Musk’s life and person than can be personified by a fictional character. Sure, he does have a lot in common with Iron Man; he’s a prodigious tech genius and entrepreneur, with the capacity to make seemingly impossible ideas a reality. Like Tony Stark, he dreams, thinks and lives large, but that is where the similarity ends.
Unlike his comic book counterpart, Elon Musk was not born into a life of luxury and ease. Despite showing potential for greatness as early as his preteens, his childhood and young adult life was filled with adversaries. To this day, Musk credits his early life struggles in helping him cultivate the indomitable spirit he is known for.
In this book, we will look at Elon’s story and find out exactly how he has gone from a young man raised in Pretoria, South Africa to become a truly one of a kind businessman and genius-visionary who’s boundaries are seemingly unlimited. In this book you’ll learn about:
- The Beginnings Of Elon’s Greatness
- How Elon’s Young Promise Was Fulfilled
- Elon’s Path From X.com To PayPal
- The Remarkable Story Of Tesla Motors
- Space X – Elon’s Otherworldly Ambitions!
- The Success Of SolarCity
- Elon’s Plan Of Revolutionizing Mass Transit Via Hyperloop
ALSO, Learn The Simple Truths Behind The Success Of Elon Musk!
Elon Musk is one of very few men who could realistically be called a modern day renaissance man. His abilities seem unlimited and he is unquestionably a supremely driven individual who has already achieved some truly outstanding feats in his relatively short life, and with his seemingly insatiable drive and ambition it seems almost inevitable that he will achieve much more during the remainder of his life.
The truth is, very few of us are likely to have such lofty ambitions as Musk, but despite this we can however still learn a great deal from him in regard to what it takes to be successful, both in business and in life.
In this book, we will look at 7 key principles of Musk’s business and personal success by looking more deeply into the meaning of some of his own quotes in order to shed light on:
- The Importance of Knowing What You Want And Why You Want It
- The Positive Effects Which Stem From Embracing Change
- Why We Must Plan For The Worst To Prevent It From Happening
- The Simple Truth When It Comes To Hard Work
- Why You Must Regularly Monitor Your Results And Question Your Actions
- Knowing When To Take Risks
- The Value Of Patience And Persistence
You will see that Musk’s business and personal success is not so much a result of any inmate abilities which he may have been born with, but rather that it results from cultivating a number of personality traits essential for navigating the worlds of both commerce and life. Once we understand these core principles we can begin to incorporate them into our own lives, and over time they will undoubtedly go a long way in ensuring our long-term success, wealth and happiness.
Click the buy now button above for instant access!
Author(s): Steve Gold
6. PayPal Hacks (2004)
If you’ve bought or sold items through eBay, or through hundreds of other online sites, then you’re familiar with PayPal, the online payment service. With PayPal, a valid email address, and a credit card or bank account, you can easily send and receive payments online. Not a bank or financial institution itself, PayPal describes its service as one that builds on the financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards, and using advanced propriety fraud prevention systems, creates a safe, global, real-time payment solution. Put simply, PayPal provides the means for people to conduct financial transactions online, instantly and securely.But there’s more to PayPal than meets the eye. PayPal Hacks shows you how to make the most of PayPal to get the most out of your online business or transactions. Authors Shannon Sofield of Payloadz.com and PayPal evangelist David Nielsen guide you through the rigors of using and developing with PayPal. Whether you’re building an ecommerce site using PayPal as a transaction provider, or simply trying to pay for an eBay auction without getting burned, PayPal Hacks will give you the skinny on this leading global online payment service.The collection of tips and tricks in PayPal Hacks shows you how to find or even build the right tools for using PayPal to buy and sell on eBay or as a transaction provider for ecommerce on your own site. Written for all PayPal users, from those just starting out to those developing sophisticated ecommerce sites, this book begins with the basics such as setting up your account, then moves quickly into specific tips and tools for buyers, sellers, and developers.With PayPal Hacks, you can:
- Learn extra steps to help protect yourself while buying or selling on eBay
- Save time and money with advanced tips and undocumented features
- Learn dozens of easy-to-follow procedures to help you request and receive payments and fill orders
- Use PayPal to handle subscriptions, affiliate systems, and donations
- Create and customize your customers’ checkout process
- Effortlessly integrate PayPal’s shopping cart system into your own website
- Implement digital fulfillment with Instant Payment Notification (IPN) and Payment Data Transfer (PDT)
- Develop and distribute ecommerce applications with the PayPal API
Each hack consists of a task to be accomplished or a creative solution to a problem, presented in a clear, logical, and task-oriented format. PayPal Hacks provides the tools and details necessary to make PayPal more profitable, more flexible, and more convenient.
Author(s): Shannon Sofield, Dave Nielsen
In the spirit of Steve Jobs and Moneyball, Elon Musk is both an illuminating and authorized look at the extraordinary life of one of Silicon Valley's most exciting, unpredictable, and ambitious entrepreneurs–a real-life Tony Stark–and a fascinating exploration of the renewal of American invention and its new "makers."
Elon Musk spotlights the technology and vision of Elon Musk, the renowned entrepreneur and innovator behind SpaceX, Tesla, and SolarCity, who sold one of his Internet companies, PayPal, for $1.5 billion. Ashlee Vance captures the full spectacle and arc of the genius's life and work, from his tumultuous upbringing in South Africa and flight to the United States to his dramatic technical innovations and entrepreneurial pursuits.
Vance uses Musk's story to explore one of the pressing questions of our age: can the nation of inventors and creators who led the modern world for a century still compete in an age of fierce global competition? He argues that Musk–one of the most unusual and striking figures in American business history–is a contemporary, visionary amalgam of legendary inventors and industrialists including Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, and Steve Jobs. More than any other entrepreneur today, Musk has dedicated his energies and his own vast fortune to inventing a future that is as rich and far-reaching as the visionaries of the golden age of science-fiction fantasy.
Thorough and insightful, Elon Musk brings to life a technology industry that is rapidly and dramatically changing by examining the life of one of its most powerful and influential titans.
Author(s): Ashlee Vance
8. The PayPal Official Insider Guide to Growing Your Business: Make money the easy way (PayPal Press) (2011)
Whether you're one of the many merchants already using PayPal–or thinking about becoming one–this book will show you how PayPal can help integrate services like credit card payments, subscription billing, online invoicing, and more to help grow your business and improve the bottom line.
Both casual sellers and established business owners will learn how to use PayPal to:
- Assist customers–from accepting credit cards to allowing bank payments
- Manage money–from getting paid to helping you avoid fraud
- Apply reports–from assessing inventory to tracking profits
- Maximize growth–from expanding marketing to increasing sales
PayPal has the tools and this book shares the skills you need to learn, apply, and grow your business.
Author(s): Michael Miller, PayPal Press
9. Pro PayPal E-Commerce (Expert’s Voice) (2007)
PayPal offers a wide range of payment technologies, but it’s not always clear which is the best choice for a website. This book gets under the hood to show you how the different technologies work, how to choose the right solution, and how to implement it – complete with real-world examples. The book shows developers how to integrate PayPal directly into websites to make use of its payment technologies. This allows developers, no matter what language they program in, to build shopping carts or similar channel products with PayPal as a payment option. The book is written by a PayPal employee with great knowledge of the technology.
Author(s): Damon Williams
PayPal For Dummies [Paperback]  (Author) Victoria Rosenborg, Marsha Collier on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
Take advantage of mobile commerce to generate more demand, traffic, and sales for your products and services. This unique cookbook provides a collection of practical recipes you can put to use in every step of the mobile customer lifecycle. You’ll learn how to add features and functionality through a wide set of eBay APIs—including Magento, Milo, eBay, PayPal, RedLaser, Hunch, and ql.io.
- Help customers find your product through reviews, targeted search options, and eBay marketplace listings
- Customize a Magento storefront and provide customers with a single sign-on option to enhance product presentation
- Streamline purchases with options such as auto-generating coupons and preapproved payments
- Automate order processing, extend shipping options, and leverage PayPal chained payments to handle multiple suppliers
- Take advantage of QR codes, produce customer “taste graphs,” and use ql.io mash ups to provide visitors with social recommendations
Author(s): Chuck Hudson
12. Elon Musk: His Life Achievements and Journey for A Better Future (Entrepreneur, Tesla, SpaceX, Hyperloop, Powerwall, SolarCity, PayPal and Zip2) (2016)
Author(s): Mackenzie Dale