Gain a solid understanding of T-SQL—and write better queries
Master the fundamentals of Transact-SQL—and develop your own code for querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Led by a SQL Server expert, you’ll learn the concepts behind T-SQL querying and programming, and then apply your knowledge with exercises in each chapter. Once you understand the logic behind T-SQL, you’ll quickly learn how to write effective code—whether you’re a programmer or database administrator.
Discover how to:
- Work with programming practices unique to T-SQL
- Create database tables and define data integrity
- Query multiple tables using joins and subqueries
- Simplify code and improve maintainability with table expressions
- Implement insert, update, delete, and merge data modification strategies
- Tackle advanced techniques such as window functions, pivoting and grouping sets
- Control data consistency using isolation levels, and mitigate deadlocks and blocking
- Take T-SQL to the next level with programmable objects
Author(s): Itzik Ben-Gan
Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building applications with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Teach yourself the programming fundamentals of SQL Server 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for beginning SQL Server database administrators and developers, this tutorial provides clear guidance and practical, learn-by-doing exercises for building database solutions that solve real-world business problems.
Discover how to:
- Install and work with core components and tools
- Create tables and index structures
- Manipulate and retrieve data
- Secure, manage, back up, and recover databases
- Apply techniques for building high-performing applications
- Use clustering, database mirroring, and log shipping
Author(s): Patrick LeBlanc
Professional Penetration Testing walks you through the entire process of setting up and running a pen test lab. Penetration testing―the act of testing a computer network to find security vulnerabilities before they are maliciously exploited―is a crucial component of information security in any organization. With this book, you will find out how to turn hacking skills into a professional career. Chapters cover planning, metrics, and methodologies; the details of running a pen test, including identifying and verifying vulnerabilities; and archiving, reporting and management practices.
Author Thomas Wilhelm has delivered penetration testing training to countless security professionals, and now through the pages of this book you can benefit from his years of experience as a professional penetration tester and educator. After reading this book, you will be able to create a personal penetration test lab that can deal with real-world vulnerability scenarios.
All disc-based content for this title is now available on the Web.
- Find out how to turn hacking and pen testing skills into a professional career
- Understand how to conduct controlled attacks on a network through real-world examples of vulnerable and exploitable servers
- Master project management skills necessary for running a formal penetration test and setting up a professional ethical hacking business
- Discover metrics and reporting methodologies that provide experience crucial to a professional penetration tester
Author(s): Thomas Wilhelm
4. Sql: Learn Basics of Queries and Implement Easily (sql programming, SQL 2016, sql database programming, sql for beginners, sql beginners guide, sql … sql workbook,sql guide,MSSQL) (Volume 1) (2016)
Author(s): James Jackson
5. MY PART-TIME STUDY NOTES ON MSSQL SERVER (2015)
Author(s): Morris Sebenzile Mntoninzi
6. SQL For .NET Programmers: Moving beyond SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE without becoming a DBA (2016)
Who’s got time to read? There’s code to write!
Are you a programmer?
Do you hate to read more than you have to?
Then this book is definitely for you. Each topic in this book is covered in just a few pages. But what it covers will set you on your way to programming using T-SQL.
This book is for programmers. There are plenty of really thick books that go into all the details about each of the subjects that are covered in this book. But if you spend most of your day in languages like C#, those books have way more information than you need. The result is, you’ll probably never find the information that would really help you in your day to day programming life because you are more likely to space out while reading, or you’ll simply gloss over the important points trying to find the important points.
Let’s face it, you know you should know more about SQL than you do, but right now you don’t even know what you don’t know.
And so this book is intended to be a survey of SQL. Lots of short little chapters that tell you just what you need to know to be productive. It doesn’t wade you down in every tiny detail of every syntax quirk.
This isn’t to say that there aren’t tips along the way. While this book isn’t big, it is dense. Code should be concise. So should the books that teach you how to code.
The intention of this book is to provide a lot of value in as little space as possible. You don’t have time to read stuff you’ll never use and providing a book with fluff in it just to get the page count up would only serve as a marketing gimmick.
So, if you are looking for the fastest way to learn the essence of SQL, read on. If you were looking for something with more detail, or more pages, this isn’t the book for you.
Author(s): D M Bush
7. SQL For Beginners: A Simple Beginner’s Guide For Learning The Fundamentals Of SQL (Volume 1) (2017)
Are you an SQL beginner? Looking to Learn SQL?
“sql for beginners” is the perfect SQL crash course for SQL dummies. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- CHAPTER 1:WHAT IS SQL RDBMS?
- CHAPTER 2:WHY SQL IS IMPORTANT?
- CHAPTER 3:BASICS OF SQL INJECTION
- CHAPTER 4:HARDENING YOUR WEB APPLICATIONS AGAINST SQL INJECTIONS
- CHAPTER 5:MS SQL SERVER
- CHAPTER 6:SQL WEB HOSTING
- CHAPTER 7:HOW TO RESTORE SQL DATABASE
- CHAPTER 8:PL – SQL
- CHAPTER 9:ADVANCED SQL QUERIES
- CHAPTER 10:SQL INJECTION ATTACK
- CHAPTER 11:HOW TO PREVENT DISASTROUS SQL INJECTION ATTACKS
- CHAPTER 12:SQL SERVER MONITORING
To get started and learn more click the button and order a copy now!
Author(s): Technowledge Library
(MSSQL database course-based) (Korean edition) on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
9. MS-SQL for Dynamics GP Consultants (2010)
If you are an MS-SQL expert, this book is NOT for you. But, if you are a consultant or a support tech at a firm that uses MS Dynamics GP, this book will help you support that product.
MS-SQL for Dynamics GP Consultants provides a basic understanding of SQL, the security relationships between GP and SQL, the statements used to extract and even update the tables, and notes on creating complex views, allowing sophisticated reports to be generated. Topics covered in the book include:
- Table Relationships
- MS to GP Security
- Select Statements
- Creation of Views
- Update Statements
- Reindexing of Data Tables
- and more….
This book applies to:
MS SQL 2005
MS SQL 2008
MS Dynamics GP was formerly called Great Plains Software.
Author(s): Richard L. Whaley
Author(s): Pedro Luiz Cortes, Kazuhiro Shiraishi
11. Veritabani Kavrami ve MS-SQL Uygulamalari (2013)
Author(s): Coskun Telciler
Author(s): Kevin Cox, Bill Jones