Author(s): Haishi Bai
This book is not only a comprehensive guide for learning Microsoft Azure Service Fabric, but also a catalog of practical design patterns and best practices in Microservices design, implementation and operation. It provides all information the audience need to be successful on the Microsoft Azure Service Fabric platform. Readers will understand how to design and operate successful Microservices applications on Microsoft Azure Service Fabric using proven patterns and best practices.
Microservices is not just an architectural pattern, but also a set of practices of operating scalable and reliable distributed services on Azure. This book provides a comprehensive coverage on DevOps aspects of Service Fabric as well as a variety of common cloud-based services Service Fabric interacts with. It also covers generic service integration mechanisms such as messaging systems, reactive systems as well as Open Service Broker (OSB) APIs.
Author(s): Haishi Bai
Learn the nuts and bolts of cloud computing with Windows Azure, Microsoft’s new Internet services platform. Written by a key member of the product development team, this book shows you how to build, deploy, host, and manage applications using Windows Azure’s programming model and essential storage services.
Chapters in Programming Windows Azure are organized to reflect the platform’s buffet of services. The book’s first half focuses on how to write and host application code on Windows Azure, while the second half explains all of the options you have for storing and accessing data on the platform with high scalability and reliability. Lots of code samples and screenshots are available to help you along the way.
- Learn how to build applications using the Windows Azure toolset
- Discover how Windows Azure works under the hood, and learn the how and the why behind several features
- Choose to write application code in .NET or other languages such as C/C++, PHP, or Ruby
- Understand the various options for managing your service
- Get up to speed on Azure’s storage services, including blobs, queues, and tables
- Build a secure backup system, and learn about cloud application security, cryptography, and performance
Author(s): Sriram Krishnan
NOTE: This title is also available as a free eBook. It is offered for sale in print format as a convenience.
Get a head start evaluating Windows Azure – with technical insights from a Microsoft MVP Mitch Tulloch. This guide introduces the latest features and capabilities, with scenario-based advice on how the platform can meet the needs of your business. Get the high-level overview you need to begin preparing your deployment now.
- Understanding Windows Azure
- Windows Azure Compute Services
- Windows Azure Network Services
- Windows Azure Data Services
- Windows Azure App Services
- Getting Started with Windows Azure
Author(s): Mitch Tulloch
5. Programming for the Internet of Things: Using Windows 10 IoT Core and Azure IoT Suite (Developer Reference) (2017)
Rapidly implement Internet of Things solutions
Creating programs for the Internet of Things offers you an opportunity to build and program custom devices whose functionality is limited only by your imagination. This book teaches you to do exactly that, with solutions presented in a step-by-step format. When you read this book, you not only learn the fundamentals of device programming, you will also be ready to write code for revolutionizing devices and robots.
You don’t need to be an expert in low-level programming to benefit from this book. It explains basic concepts and programming techniques before diving into the more complicated topics. Each of the book’s chapters and appendices contains a suitable level of detail to help you quickly master device programming.
MCP Dawid Borycki shows you how to:
- Build Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications that target interconnected embedded devices
- Design and implement background apps for seamless integration with hardware components
- Use intrinsic UWP functionality to detect and track human faces
- Build artificial auditory, visual, and learning systems
- Process audio signals to blink LEDs to the rhythm of music
- Use OpenCV to develop custom image-processing algorithms
- Communicate with external devices by using serial, USB, Wi-Fi, and AllJoyn connectivity
- Design and implement applications to control DC, stepper, and servo motors for robotics
- Use Microsoft Cognitive Services to detect human emotions
- Build predictive analysis and preventive maintenance systems by using the Azure IoT Suite
Author(s): Dawid Borycki
Author(s): José Rolando Guay Paz
7. Practical Azure Application Development: A Step-by-Step Approach to Build Feature-Rich Cloud-Ready Solutions (2017)
- Covers Azure as a solution development platform for building applications
- Provides real-world examples to understand why and when an Azure service is required
- Discusses how Azure helps to achieve continuous improvement and expansion of an application
- Provides application development experience from purchasing Azure to integrating with core Azure services, including an introduction to DevOps with VSTS
- Use Azure services to solve real-world software problems
- Define the usage of Azure services and select the right services to solve the problem at hand
- Make clear and less ambiguous decisions about using different Azure services
- Take a holistic approach to Azure as a solution platform
- Understand the basics of security, data protection, and cost controls in Azure
Author(s): Thurupathan Vijayakumar
There’s a ton of other technical guides out there that aren’t clear and concise, and in my opinion use far too much jargon. My job is to teach you in simple, easy to follow terms how to get started and excel at PowerShell programming.
You’ll find my personal notes and tips peppered throughout the book, making it personal and easy to learn.
Here is a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Getting Started With PowerShell
- Re-direction & Piping
- PowerShell & Scripts
- Control Flow Statements
- Common Tasks & Cmdlets
Take Action Today and Learn Powershell In No Time! Click the “Buy now with 1-Click” to the right and get this guide immediately.
Author(s): Byron Francis
Predictive Analytics with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Second Edition is a practical tutorial introduction to the field of data science and machine learning, with a focus on building and deploying predictive models. The book provides a thorough overview of the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning service released for general availability on February 18th, 2015 with practical guidance for building recommenders, propensity models, and churn and predictive maintenance models.
The authors use task oriented descriptions and concrete end-to-end examples to ensure that the reader can immediately begin using this new service. The book describes all aspects of the service from data ingress to applying machine learning, evaluating the models, and deploying them as web services.
Learn how you can quickly build and deploy sophisticated predictive models with the new Azure Machine Learning from Microsoft.
What’s New in the Second Edition?
Five new chapters have been added with practical detailed coverage of:
- Python Integration – a new feature announced February 2015
- Data preparation and feature selection
- Data visualization with Power BI
- Recommendation engines
- Selling your models on Azure Marketplace
Author(s): Valentine Fontama, Roger Barga
10. Modern Authentication with Azure Active Directory for Web Applications (Developer Reference) (2016)
Active Directory has been transformed to reflect the cloud revolution, modern protocols, and today’s newest SaaS paradigms. This is an authoritative, deep-dive guide to building Active Directory authentication solutions for these new environments. Author Vittorio Bertocci drove these technologies from initial concept to general availability, playing key roles in everything from technical design to documentation. In this book, he delivers comprehensive guidance for building complete solutions. For each app type, Bertocci presents high-level scenarios and quick implementation steps, illuminates key concepts in greater depth, and helps you refine your solution to improve performance and reliability. He helps you make sense of highly abstract architectural diagrams and nitty-gritty protocol and implementation details. This is the book for people motivated to become experts.
Active Directory Program Manager Vittorio Bertocci shows you how to:
- Address authentication challenges in the cloud or on-premises
- Systematically protect apps with Azure AD and AD Federation Services
- Power sign-in flows with OpenID Connect, Azure AD, and AD libraries
- Make the most of OpenID Connect’s middleware and supporting classes
- Work with the Azure AD representation of apps and their relationships
- Provide fine-grained app access control via roles, groups, and permissions
- Consume and expose Web APIs protected by Azure AD
- Understand new authentication protocols without reading complex spec documents
Author(s): Vittorio Bertocci
11. Mastering Azure Analytics: Architecting in the Cloud with Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, and Spark (2017)
Microsoft Azure has over 20 platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offerings that can act in support of a big data analytics solution. So which one is right for your project? This practical book helps you understand the breadth of Azure services by organizing them into a reference framework you can use when crafting your own big data analytics solution.
You’ll not only be able to determine which service best fits the job, but also learn how to implement a complete solution that scales, provides human fault tolerance, and supports future needs.
- Understand the fundamental patterns of the data lake and lambda architecture
- Recognize the canonical steps in the analytics data pipeline and learn how to use Azure Data Factory to orchestrate them
- Implement data lakes and lambda architectures, using Azure Data Lake Store, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight (including Spark), Stream Analytics, SQL Data Warehouse, and Event Hubs
- Understand where Azure Machine Learning fits into your analytics pipeline
- Gain experience using these services on real-world data that has real-world problems, with scenarios ranging from aviation to Internet of Things (IoT)
Author(s): Zoiner Tejada
Build .NET apps on Microsoft Azure services that can grow to Internet scale. Learn how you can make smart application architecture decisions and follow best practices so that your website can handle tens of thousands of concurrent users and deliver your content globally.
Author Rob Reagan takes you through key Azure technologies targeted toward building web applications, and along the way shares his lessons learned in scaling out a real-world web application. After an overview of web application building blocks, the book dives into relational and NoSQL data storage options on Azure, including Azure Table Storage and CosmosDB. You’ll then discover how to make best use of Redis Cache, Web Jobs, Messaging Queues, and more, alongside other tips, tricks, and troubleshooting advice for when things go wrong. The book concludes with a thorough exploration of best practices for deployment at scale.
What You’ll Learn
Who This Book Is For
Author(s): Rob Reagan