Author(s): Gareth M. De Bruyn, Robert Lyfareff
You do not require much effort to be proficient in SAP ABAP language if you have access to right learning resource. With this book, you can begin with your first SAP ABAP program in minutes. The book makes ABAP program as simple as reading the specification doc, analyze the requirements and start coding. This book will give you a quick tour on basic concepts like an internal table, structures & field symbols, data dictionary, and so on.
Whether you’re writing programs for HR, SD, FI, or one of the many other modules within SAP the guidelines in this book will help across all your SAP modules. To save users efforts, the abstract of SAP ABAP is put together in an understandable format. Images, examples, and code will teach you how to create database tables and lists, work with fields and calculations, and debug your code for errors in no time.
For Beginners this book can be a gateway to learn SAP ABAP. They can use this edition as a personal guide. They can learn various control command and practice them in real ABAP environment. All high level and fundamental topics of SAP ABAP required for development of SAP application are covered.
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Data Types
- Control Statements
- Logical Operator
Chapter 2: Data Dictionary
- Data Elements
- Aggregated Objects of ABAP Dictionary
Chapter 3: Macro,Include,Subroutines,Function Modules & Groups
- SAP- ABAP Macro
- Include Programs
- Function Modules
- Function Groups
Chapter 4: Native and Open SQL
- Basic Open SQL Commands
- Open SQL Return Codes
- Open SQL – Performance Rules
Chapter 5: SAP Internal Tables
- Types of Internal Tables
- Creating Internal Tables
- Populating Internal Tables
- Reading Internal Tables
- Deleting Internal Tables
Chapter 6: ABAP Table Controls
Chapter 7: ABAP Report Programming
- Selection Screen
- Events in an ABAP Report Program
- Formatting the report
- Interactive Programming
- Logical Databases
Chapter 8: ABAP Dialog Programming
- Difference between Report and Dialog Programs
- Components of Dialog Program
Chapter 9: Subscreens
Chapter 10: Process on Value & Process on Help
- Process on Help-Request (POH) : F1 Help
- Process on Value (POV): F4
Chapter 11: ALV – ABAP List Viewer Programming
- Simple Report
- Block Report
- Hierarchical Reports
Chapter 12: All About SAP Scripts
- Components of SAP Script
- Layout Set
- Control Commands
- Output Types
- Standard Texts and Graphics
Chapter 13: Smart Forms
- Smart Forms and SapScripts Comparison
- Architecture of SAP Smart Form
- Smartforms Guide
- Windows in Smart Forms
- Smart Forms Programming Flow
Chapter 14: Customer and User Exits
- Types of Customer Exits
- Examples of Customer Exits
- Locating Customer Exits
- What is a USER EXIT?
Chapter 15: BADI
Chapter 16: All About ABAP Query
- USER Groups
- Translation/QUERY Component
Chapter 17: SAP BDC – Batch Data Communication
- Introduction to Batch input
- Methods of Batch Input
Author(s): Krishna Rungta
* Learn basic ABAP and write your first program
* Set up and ABAP trial system and master the integrated development environment (IDE)
* Develop an example application using strings and text, dates and times, and more
ABAP for Dummies
Become familiar with the very basics of ABAP, from syntax, string manipulation, and object creation, to code formatting, data types, and application development.
Discover the tools at your disposal including the ABAP editor in Eclipse, updated programming features in the new release, and more.
Follow along with step-by-step instructions and full sample code, and become familiar with the intricacies of ABAP as you create your very first programs.
* ABAP basics
* Flow control
* Creating tables
* Defining objects
* Data storage in standard memory
* Table syntax
* Lock objects
* Pretty print
Author(s): Brian O’Neill
You will then apply these concepts to hands-on exercises covering real business scenarios. These scenarios include creating a custom form from scratch to output purchase orders. Smartforms will then be introduced as an enhanced tool to output business documents. The book will show you how to apply the concepts of Smartforms to real-world problems.
duced as a platform from which every data migration task can be performed, minimizing or eliminating programming.
- Create and deploy SAP script forms and related objects
- Modify a copy of a SAP-supplied SAP script form, configure it, and deploy it according to transaction code ME22N
- Build Smartforms forms and deploy them
- Carry out data migration using the batch input and call transaction methods
- Perform data migration using all four methods available in LSMW
- Modify a copy of a SAP-supplied Smartforms form, configure it, and deploy it according to transaction code NACE
Author(s): Sushil Markandeya
- Shows how object-oriented principles apply to ABAP program design
- Provides the basics for creating component design diagrams
- Teaches how to incorporate design patterns in ABAP programs
What You’ll Learn
- Write ABAP code using the object-oriented model as comfortably and easily as using the procedural model
- Create ABAP design diagrams based on the Unified Modeling Language
- Implement object-oriented design patterns into ABAP programs
- Reap the benefits of spending less time designing and maintaining ABAP programs
- Recognize those situations where design patterns can be most helpful
- Avoid long and exhausting searches for the cause of bugs in ABAP programs
Who This Book Is For
Experienced ABAP programmers who remain unfamiliar with the design potential presented by the object-oriented aspect of the language
Author(s): James E. McDonough
– How to get the most out of SAP ABAP
– Guide for understanding and using the SAP Data Dictionary
– Beginner and advanced debugging techniques
– Expert ABAP development techniques
Author(s): Thomas Stutenbäumer
7. Introduction to ABAP/4 Programming for SAP : The Complete Guide to Developing in the SAP Environment (1996)
Author(s): Gareth Debruyn
* Achieve success with the only SAP-endorsed certification guide
* Review the key topics covered in each portion of the exam
* Test your knowledge with practice questions and answers
The Structure of the Test
Don’t walk in blind. This book prepares you for what the test looks like, and presents strategies on how to take it. Plus, calm your nerves with sample test questions.
Study up on the test information! This book contains only information that is present in the test, so you can focus your attention on the material instead of combing through ABAP resources.
New Topics for ABAP 7.4
Brush up on the newest concepts like ABAP Push Channels, SAP HANA, and updates to internal table definition and use.
* ABAP Workbench
* ABAP Debugger
* Types and data objects
* Internal tables
* SQL statements
* ABAP Dictionary
* Classical and selection screens
* Object-oriented programming
* ALV grid control
* Enhancements and modifications
* SAP Programming
Author(s): Puneet Asthana, David Haslam
9. Sams Teach Yourself ABAP/4 in 21 Days (1998)
Author(s): Ken Greenwood
Author(s): Dr Boris Rubarth
Featuring over 80 sophisticated recipes, this is a superb tutorial for ABAP developers and consultants. It teaches you advanced SAP programming using the high level language through diagrams, step-by-step instructions, and real-time examples.
- Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips with clear step-by-step instructions and real time examples
- Get to grips with solving complicated problems using Regular Expressions in ABAP
- Master the creation of common Design Patterns using ABAP Objects
- Enhance SAP applications through the use of ABAP programming
- Covers the newest topics of Adobe Interactive Forms
ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) is SAP’s proprietary 4th Generation Language (4GL). SAP core is written almost entirely in ABAP.
ABAP is a high level programming language used in SAP for development and other customization processes.
“SAP ABAP Advanced Cookbook” covers advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP. It teaches you to enhance SAP applications by developing custom reports and interfaces with ABAP programming.
This cookbook has quick and advanced real world recipes for programming ABAP.
It begins with the applications of ABAP Objects and ALV tips and tricks. It then covers Design Patterns and Dynamic Programming in detail.
You will also learn the usage of quality improvement tools such as transaction SAT, SQL Trace, and the Code Inspector.
Simple transformations and its application in Excel Downloading will also be discussed, as well as the newest topics of Adobe Interactive Forms and the consumption and creation of Web services. The book comes to an end by covering advanced usage of Web Dynpro for ABAP and the latest advancement in Floorplan Manager.
What will you learn from this book
- Master the advanced features of Web Dynpro programming
- Experience the latest advancements in FloorPlan Manager design
- Learn how to use transaction SAT and secondary internal table indexes for performance improvement
- Explore the world of Simple Transformations and how they solve problems
- Get step-by-step instructions to create and consume Web Services
- Optimize program code and find datasource of fields using SQL Trace
- Get valuable tips and tricks for Smart Forms and Adobe Interactive Forms
This book is written in a simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
If you are an ABAP developer and/or consultant looking forward to building advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP, then this is the best guide for you. Basic knowledge of ABAP programming is required.
Author(s): Zaidi Rehan
Work smarter with the ABAP Workbench!
Are you ready to add to your ABAP Workbench arsenal, or maybe replace some cumbersome techniques you’ve been using? Here you go: SAP PRESS equips you with 100 Things that unlock the secrets of working with the ABAP Workbench!
Whether you’re a beginner or advanced user, you’ll find a range of carefully selected workarounds that includes information on the most effective ways to perform essential tasks, to more advanced but seldom-used techniques in SAP programming. This is your chance to use the ABAP Workbench more easily and efficiently than ever before!
Tip 46 You can implement custom debugging tasks by taking control from the ABAP Debugger!
When you have complex cases that the standard tools offered by the ABAP Debugger can’t solve, the Debugger Scripting tool is here to help. This tip teaches you how to use scripting options to implement your custom requirements in the ABAP Debugger. Find out more on page 150!
- Object Navigator
- ABAP Editor
- Function Builder
- Class Builder
- ABAP Debugger
- ABAP Dictionary
- Analysis tools
- Web Dynpro ABAP
Author(s): Abdulbasıt Gülşen